Sunday 26 February 2017

Poinsettia

This image is a Lili of the Valley digistamp that I coloured one evening and then had kicking around because I didn't know what to do with it.  Last night my son came into my craft room to watch The Voice with me on my PC, and over those two hours I managed to finish the card.

While I was embossing the poinsettia on the XCut A4 cutting machine, the cutting plate snapped in two. This is the second time this has happened in less than 6 months. I guess I am very heavy handed and a bit slap-dash ...but I had my Big Shot for years and never broke the plate. Maybe being bigger makes the plates more vulnerable, I must be more careful as replacements cost £10 each.

I'd like to enter:
Winter Wonderland  anything goes
Sparkles Monthly  the word love
Fab n Funky Christmas
Christmas at Sweet Stampin anything goes
Creative Craft Cottage  red, image, die-cuts

13 comments:

chrissie said...

A really beautiful card but the thought of Christmas in February is pretty scary. Well done Marina

Love Chrissie xx

Pia S said...

I've replaced my plates for the Big Shot maybe twice in 5 years. One plate did break in two but it was very worn. I do use my machine a lot.
Sometimes I too color up an image and don't know how to move on from there. I have many images laying around waiting to be used. But usually an idea comes. Often by seeing a sketch, a photo, color challenge or a combination of more. Your card turned out really Christmasy and sweet.

Ros Crawford said...

Fancy that plate snapping? I snapped some Lil'Inker dies! It's so annoying and these things aren't cheap... Still your card turned out a beauty... Love the colouring!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so adorable...beautiful poinsettia!
xx Karen

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very pretty! The colors in the paper match perfectly with your colored image!

Nonni said...

Sorry to hear about the broken plate... Has happened to me too with my Cuttlebug. I've bought it second hand though so I think it's understandable mine go broken, if your machine is so new maybe a complaint to the manufacturer could be made! However, love the poinsettia and the colors of this!

Craftychris said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Such a pretty image and I like ve the embossed poinsettia. Shame about the plate breaking though! xxx

Basslady said...

an adorable card!

thank you so much for playing along with us at Sparkles Monthly!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Gail said...

What a wonderful Christmas card! I love the image and your poinsettia is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'! --Gail

Wendy said...

So gorgeous and sweet...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky :)
Wendy x

Sue - said...

Beautiful Christmas card Marina. I don't think the size of the cutting plates would be the problem. I have the Grand Caliber which is A4 and I've been using it now for at least four years and I'm still using the original plates.

gabby said...

what an amazing card love the detail of the poinsettia I am sorry about the cutting plate

Babs said...

Beautiful adorable card, thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly, hope to see you again next time..
Hugs Babs DT x