Sunday 21 June 2015

Stencil and Mask


Here I used a stencil and mask I cut out of mylar, using the Silhouette cutting machine.

I used texture paste on the birch tree stencil and when it was dry I placed the NOEL as a mask and inked over it with dark blue ink. Then I sprayed it with pearlised water. Then the lid fell off the spray bottle leaving some big smudges of mica. I decided to go with it - it does look less crisp, but can you have too much shimmer on a Christmas card?  Finally I added some little stars stencilled with silver glitter paste and mounted it onto silver mirror card.

I'd like to enter:
Paper Artsy  - stencils
Friday Mash up  stencils
Less is More  stencil (hope this isn't too much for less is more)
Simon Says Stamp  paste

9 comments:

Kathyk said...

Lovely make and another Christmas card for your collection!

Kathyk

cheiron said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the texture and that wonderful blue. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Beautiful crisp and clever stencilling Marina and a brilliant Christmas card
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Neets B said...

Gorgeous wintery scene through those trees and great use of your stencils.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Chrissie said...

Simple and super!
Love it!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

SCarol said...

Simply beautiful. Christmas cards already, you're so organised :)

Lucy Edmondson said...

This makes a really lovely card,

Lucy x

Trish said...

Lovely card, and getting ready for Christmas nice and early!

Anne said...

Catching up on my comments, sorry this is so late!

Love those stencilled trees, so stylish!
Thanks for joining us last week
Anne
Less is More