Sunday 7 July 2013

Boutique Bag

It's not fair! I've put up with months of dismal weather and then, a soon as it gets warm, I develop some strange runny eyes and nose thing that starts whenever I go outside! Thank goodness I've got my crafty hobby.

Today I've decorated a gift bag and themed it around my fantasy exclusive boutique.

I used images from Crafter's Companion Frou Frou CD and the papers were magazine freebies from long ago.   I added the 'boutique' text to the framed hat mannequin and printed the image onto acetate. I cut an aperture from the pink spotty paper and attached the acetate to it with white brads.  I added a gem to her flower and a strip of black spotty paper and a button.

I printed off a smaller version of the hat mannequin and layered it onto a die-cut frame,into which I punched a hole. Then I attached spotty ribbon and another button.

I'd like to enter:
CD Sunday  Hats
Fab n Funky Challenges Anything but square
Paper Creators Crafts Think Pink
Creative Fingers Challenge Anything goes
Paper Crafting Journey  Anything but a square card

19 comments:

Cazro said...

Fabulous design, colours and a great idea on a gift bag. First into the starting blocks too. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges, hope to see you again. Caz

Jocelyn said...

A really pretty colour combo and I love those spots. I like the idea of decorating gift bags - such a nice personal touch for a small gift.

Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week, you are the first to post so well done.

Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Pat said...

Lovely gift bag, super image, great colours, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky this week.

Pat xx

Carol said...

A beautiful bag in such lovely colours. The sketch is so elegant.
Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT

starcyl said...

What a fab idea this is Marina, I think it may be one I'll be borrowing. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday and best of luck with the draw.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Christine said...

A beautiful creation Marina, lovely colours and so good to see a different take on our theme.
Your quick off the mark this week, thanks for joining us and good luck in the draw.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

fiction book reviews said...

Brilliant idea

Thank you for joining this week at Creative Fingers

Zoe x
Handmade with lots of Love

Michelle J M said...

What a fabulous gift bag Marina. I wouldn't want to give it away! It is so chic, clever you! Michelle x

chrissie said...

A very pretty gift bag Marina-love the dotted background

Chrissie x

Angelique said...

Gorgeous. Love pink!
Thank you for joining us at Creative Fingers

Huggsss,Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap
There's also a DT Call

Laine said...

This is a wonderful project. Fabulous design and detail.
Thank you for joining us at PCJ Challenge.
Laine
xx

Tess said...

What a stunning project Marina. Love the colours you have chosen. Gorgeous image from a gorgeous CD. Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday. Tess (GD). x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a gorgeous gift bag, and lovely image you've used on it. Thanks for joining in at CD Sunday this week.

Sue Tx
CD Sunday DT

Your eyes etc could be hayfever.

Beryl said...

I love the way you have decorated this gift bag Marina.
Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Lau W said...

Fab gift bag, very pretty !
Thanks for your participation at the Paper Creator challenge !
xx

sue-b said...

This looks great Marina, so well done.
Sueb xx

Karen Petitt said...

Fabulous gift bag, so pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at PCJ for our Not A Square challenge Karen P, Paper Crafting Journey Design Team http://stampinginpink.blogspot.co.uk/

Jane Willis said...

Lovely idea, what a special way to give a gift

Purple Crazy said...

Fab gift bag Marina, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x