Monday 1 April 2013

Paper-pieced Geishas


If you've ever visited my blog before, you might have noticed that I love paper-piecing; it's far and away my favourite technique.

Here I used 3 different patterned papers from a DCWV paper stack , plus plain black and white card. The stamp is an UM rubber stamp I've had for years - sorry can't remember who made it. I stamped the geishas onto a crackle pattern paper and then paper-pieced the cloth on the bench and the padded bits at the back of their kimono's (which I stuck on with 3d foam) The base paper is slightly textured so their hair looked a bit patchy, so I stamped and embossed it on white card, cut it out and stuck it on.I embellished with dragonfly charms.

I'd like to enter this for:
Fashionable Stamping Challenges  Paperpiecing
The Pink Elephant 3 decorative papers and fave embellishment
Polkadoodles Paper piecing
Crafty Bloggers Network Anything Goes  

11 comments:

Yvonne Garner said...

This is outstanding! Perfectly designed. Thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC!

Pia S said...

I really, really like this card! To paper piece this image was such a fabulous idea - their kimonos look great with your choice of paper and their hair turned out so well too! It's a beautiful card with oriental feel!

chrissie said...

Beautiful card--your paper piercing always looks so right.

Love Chrissie xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Your paper pieced Geishas are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Lidia Baltazar said...

Beautiful card that you made thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles this challenge xxx Lidia DT.

Clare said...

A lovely card and a big thank you for playing along Polka Doodles this week. Hugs Clare xxxx

Michelle J M said...

This is fabulous Marina, what a super image so beautifully paper pieced. I too love paper piecing but dont do it often! Michelle x

Ephemera said...

Hi there, really gorgeous card, love the oriental theme and delightful use of paper piecing. Thanks for sharing it with us FSC. X

Stacey Schafer said...

how lovely! thanks for playing along at the pink elephant!

Sheri Gilson said...

Lovely card, Marina! Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant!

alethea said...

This is stunniing!! Thanks for playing along at PD! HUgsxx