Sunday 27 May 2012

Steampunk Circle


This project, inspired by the Fashionable StampingChallenges Steampunk challenge, has kept me busy for most of the week. It’s another shot at a circle card and this made me think of a little story to tell in scenes. I hope I’m allowed to enter this into the FSC challenge as I know, they don’t allow digis and there are (I confess!) two digi images in this card. But I used 9 rubber stamps so hopefully, this will be pardoned.
At first he was just an adventurous soul who loved to travel, who loved to experiment with new ways to travel…….
I made the background with distress inks, an Indigo Blu script stamp and balloon (7 Gypsies) . The cases are an unknown UM and the man is printed from My Craft Studio Tinkering with Steampunk.
…but soon he was questioning the nature of nature itself……
The 'wallpaper' is K and Company. The skull is another mystery UM. The fish is MCS again.

….until ultimately, he went too far…..
This woman/mannequin is by Non-Sequitur and I have attached her on springs. Can't remember where I got the clock.

….and had to pay the price.
 This is my favourite 'scene', although probably not very steampunk-y. The woman is Non-Sequitur, the man and the words are Paper-artsy. The newspaper is from an acrylic set and I've lost the packaging!

As well as Fashionable Stamping Challenges, I'd also like to enter this for:
Tuesday Throwdown 3d
Creative Card Crew Dimension


6 comments:

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a fantastic card, great shape. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

toni said...

This is a real beauty! Great idea so well executed fab x

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous card, I love the little scenes you have created with your story.
Thanks for joining us at FSC
Avril xx

Cazro said...

I really like the different approach to Steampunk in your project. A very interesting card, with lots of detail. Thanks for sharing with us at FSC. Caz

Yvonne Garner said...

Vey interesting and unique project! Thank you for joining us at FSC! Best, Yvonne

Lynne Moncrieff said...

This is quite stunning with so much of interest and amazing stamping.
Thank you for sharing with us at FSC.
Wishes
Lynne