Friday 13 April 2012

Nautical...but nice???



I wanted to make a nautical theme card...but this one looks more sandy than sea!

The stamp is a single shell silhouette by Inca. I inked the stamp with distress inks - Victorian Velvet with Antique Linen on the tips, sprayed it with water and stamped onto watercolour paper (repeated 3 times! ) The sentiment is a red rubber Um - probably from a Non-Sequitur plate.  The compass and anchor are Kanban. The backgrounds are Distress Inks and Glimmer Mist.


I'd like to enter this for these challenges:
Fashionable Stamping Challenges Nautical
Crafty Boots Nautical
 Sentimental Sunday Silhouettes

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Marina Thank you for your sweet comment, I am feeling a little better today, sat at my computer in my dressing gown., having spent four days in bed, coughing like an old man.
I have missed seeing everyone’s creations and am now up to a bit of commenting.
Thank you for the advice with my promarkers I have bought some of the fine tips and they have helped so much . Your cards lately are fabulous, you use such beautiful colours . Take Care Hugs Elaine

Sara said...

Love your stamped shells on the watercolour paper. Thank you for joining us at the Crafty boots challenge x Sara

Mynn xx said...

I think this is lovely! LOVE the soft and sandy look! :) Your sentiment is fabulous!!! :)

Dee's Craft Room said...

I love the colours you have used on this card, it is so pretty and they really work well with your shells.

Thank you for sharing your card with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Terry said...

Lovely nautical themed card! The seashells stamped in the soft colors is a delicate touch and great idea to stamp the anchor on a mini tag! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Love this nautical design - soft and sunny ;). Feels like a nice day at the beach! Thank you for sharing it with us at FSC! x

Ps. Come and join my 2nd Blogaversary candy ;-). Hope to see you there and good luck!

Kristen said...

I love this shell stamp, I'd love to know where it came from :)

Kristina
Visiting from Fashionable Stamping Challenges - Nautical
Please stop by and say hello! :-)
www.pearlgateway.com