Saturday 10 March 2012

Steampunk Superhero

I love this superhero image from A Day for Daisies and I wanted to do something different from the classic Superman red and blue.

It’s my brother’s birthday early next month and he’s a real action man. I decided to make a birthday card for him and give it a bit of a ‘steampunk’ look.

The die cut tandem  and all the card / papers are from Hunkydory. I paper-pieced the cape and leggings and coloured him with Promarkers. The cogs are Tim Holtz.

To personalise the card, I added a G to the badge on his chest (my brother’s name initial), coloured the hair ginger (like my brother), and added the sentiment ‘To a Super Brother’, using Safmat.

I’ve been using a lot of neutrals lately...think I’d better do something bright and colourful next!

I'd like to enter this for the following challenges:
Here Come the boys Superhero
Sarah Hurley Birthday celebrations
Polkadoodle Boys or Men 
Scrappy Frogs Seeing spots 

6 comments:

Cindy said...

I just Adore Steampunk!!! What a fun combo using the superhero plus the steampunk. Just a great idea and card!
Cindy Porter
http://cardcrazeeme53.blogspot.com/

jaine drake said...

This card is terrific. Love the superhero. Thanks for joining the challenge with Sarah Hurley this time.

karen said...

A great colour combo, fab male card, thanks for joining us at Here Come the Boys, Karenx

Teresa said...

Great colours and a superb character, thanks for joining us at Here come the Boys Super hero challenge, hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Teresa x

Emma Williams said...

Fab card...good luck and thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenge Blog.
Emma x

norine said...

Great card!! Love the superhero and all the gears!! Thanks for playing with us at Polka Doodles!!